Today I felt like I got a lot of things checked off my list. And when I say list, you should know that is a loaded statement.
I am a lover of lists. I make lists OF my lists (this is not a joke, I rarely joke about my lists). So I was very intrigued when I heard about the website todoist.com .
What is it? Well, you can add “projects” which are lists of things to do. Each project then can have “tasks” assigned to it. I should note, here, that I have not yet decided to upgrade to the premium version. The basic version is free. Here are some of the lists I’ve made:
- weekly tasks (each of us have our own, plus one joint activity one)
- restaurants we want to visit
- places to practice photography
- cities to visit in MN
- other US places to visit
- wish list for me
- wish list for man-go-round
- christmas/ gift ideas for others
- movies to watch
- TV shows to download
- things to google
- blog ideas
- column ideas for the magazine I write for
- ideas for our Project 2012 (social, cultural, spiritual, etc)
- household chores
- wordpress projects
- yearly festivals and fun
- things I need to talk to him about after work
- which James Bond movie we’re on (we’re watching them all in order)
It seems like almost every day I think of a new list or use for this site, and its all in one place and I’ve gotten man-go-round to use the same account as me and we can use it on our mobiles…
What’s not to like? I don’t know. You can add dates things are “due,” check things off but still have them saved in the lower gray area, and more.
I love it.
Have you tried Todoist yet? How do you organize your life? Do you love lists as I do?